Medicine Wheel at Young Wood
There are days and weekend camps at Young Wood in Somerset in 2018. This is an experiential way of working, of being, of living, with the Medicine Wheel as a guide. This way gives you different perspectives as you look and feel things from each of he Eight Directions. It reframes how we are in the world. The more you experience life from the Wheel, the deeper your practice can become. Each day is a ceremony, where we honour the powers, our Guides, the Earth and all that is. We live deeply with them for the day, become more in touch with our senses and open to relationships with all. The Wheel of the directions is a map of life, for life, and helps to build a connected experience of cycles, patterns and all-that-is.
These days are for you if...
- you want to hone your intent and visions for life
- being in relationship with other beings is important
- the Earth matters and you want to find ways to listen and act
- you are sensitive to energy, to Spirit or would like to sharpen your experience
- a day in the forest with like-minded people feels exciting, challenging or like coming home
- you want to listen and to be heard
Sunday March 18th 2018 - South East: Ancestors and Self Concepts
- Call to those Ancestors or guides who honour your path and get to know them. Make a ceremony with and for them.
- Gain more understanding of your self through the Seven Arrows of self expression. The dark arrows teach us how we get lose sight of who we are and the light arrows can bring us back to balance.
DATE CHANGE Sunday May 6th 2018 - South West: Dreams of life and Earth
- Coming into the Dream of this life, exploring the dreaming aspects of your path, the waking and sleeping dreams
- Understanding what is a false dream, where we are being tripped up or caught and undoing what can be seen
Sat & Sunday June 23/24th - The Four Shields of Human Nature
- The Four Shields will take us around the Wheel in a cycle over the two days. Using Medicine Walks, ceremony and Council we will look into our deepest dreams for this time. We will share personal stories, find archetypes and encounter whatever the land, sky and woodland beings offers to us.
- There is the option to 'wild' camp on the Saturday night, really enter more deeply into the place and dream with the land. This costs an extra £10 to cover site fees. Bring food to share and your own camping gear. If you want to camp and don't have all you need we may be able to help out.
August 3-5th 2018 - Ceremonial Vision Quest
There is a path of Ceremony within this Medicine way. Each year there will be an overnight or longer ceremony that leads through eight gateways, one a year. These are about building yourself as a person who serves the people, the land, and Spirit, and is not for everyone. The first gateway ceremony is called 'Night on the Mountain' and is a simple cry for a vision. To complete this first step you must begin to learn the 20 count, which can really only be taught in person and through your body experience.
- to come to this weekend you MUST have attended at least one other day with me at Young Wood. You will be asked to prepare an intent for the ceremony.
- we will be helped by Judith Hart, who has been through all eight gateways
- payment is for site fees and expenses, and will depend on how many people come, and medicine gifts to those leading the ceremony (Jenny and Judith)
Please contact Jenny for more information. .
Sunday Sept 16th 2018 -North West: Cycles, Patterns and 'Karma'
- Working with the Guardians of our books of life to unpick patterns, make visible the unseen and change what can be changed
- Learning from natural cycles, ecology and patterns
Sunday Oct 28th 2018 - North East: The Designs of and for Life
- Preparing the way for Samhain and the beginning of the Celtic year
- Undoing and letting go, embracing change by finding a step towards death as an ally
- Finding your way to express the your life design at this time, through making or walking or whatever else is needed
More information and booking
Days are from 10.00-5pm
Cost is £55 per day.
These workshops are open to those who are new to this kind of work, as they are accessible and held in a very safe way within the Wheel. They are also good for those who have been in a Wheel before or are working with other spiritual, nature-awareness or shamanic paths. Come with an open heart and be willing enter fully into what the land, the guides and we need to experience. Bring a notebook, stout boots and food to share.
To book send an email to email@example.com or contact me
Payments by BACS and cheque, at least 2 weeks before the session date. Some will book up so I recommend you book early. A map to find the venue is here